Review: Smalltown Boy

Smalltown Boy Smalltown Boy by T.S. Hunter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the final episode in the Soho Noir series by T.S. Hunter, oh and what a finale!

It’s Christmas, Joe and Russell have been invited to the flamboyant TV personality’s party. Reluctantly they go, taking their respective partners, Mike and Freddy along but then a body is found and the adventure begins.

With a fabulous cast of characters including my favourite, Patty, there’s much mayhem and drama as ever. Then the reprehensible Skinner arrives…..will he finally get his comeuppance?

While this is a short novella, it packs a lot of story in. There’s the 80’s music references and little mentions of the events of the time too, which all build the atmosphere perfectly of 80’s London. Joe and Russell happy in their relationships too make this a wonderful ending to a thoroughly entertaining series

I have read the whole series now and am bereft! I’ll just have to read them all again….

Thank you to Dylan at Red Dog Press for the opportunity to read this for free. This is my honest and unbiased review.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts