Review: The Moon Eater: Gold Book One

The Moon Eater: Gold Book One The Moon Eater: Gold Book One by I.M. Bones
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a YA dark fantasy and is #1 in the Gold series.

Gold is a half-werewolf. He was the son of a King until his werewolf tendencies made it obvious his father was not the King.

So, he became the King's assassin.

He lives in the mortal world as Silas, a baker of fine cupcakes and a young, timid man who in reality is anything but!

Responsible for the death of a police detective, he now has her brother, Curtis on his trail. The Moon Eater is also looking for Gold, but why?

Can Curtis link the Moon Eater and Gold? Will he be able to catch Gold before anymore gruesome deaths and avenge his sister?

I loved this. It’s a dark, gruesome and completely engrossing tale. There’s plenty of background and history of the demon world, magic and the occult, with creatures, monsters and demons. I enjoyed the world building element, which helps build the atmosphere. Gold is narcissistic, sarcastic and I’d love to know more of his story. Curtis is damaged and grieving which makes him reckless at times and I wonder how far he will go to catch Gold.

Dark, tense and thoroughly entertaining.

Thank you to Ben at Cameron Publicity & Marketing for a free copy of the book. This is my honest and unbiased review.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts