Review: BALANCE OF THE 12

BALANCE OF THE 12 BALANCE OF THE 12 by ANIA BO
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Balance of 12 by Ania is a thoughtful fantasy tale.

The premise is that the universe was created by 12 energies which became 12 races on Earth ( 6 year old Amy explains it much better than I can – string theory of 12 dimensions and not 4). These races live in hiding amongst humans, with everyone relying on the balance of the 12 to keep the universe safe.

But, a War is coming that could wipe out all existence. Can Jane, the visionary Reader and her Protector, Samuel, along with Shasta and Wade save the threatened races and so prevent annihilation…..?

This is not your usual sword and sorcery fantasy, it seems to have a wisdom about a balance to humanity itself. It has many little sayings that bring a sense of hope to the story….’A storm always leads to a sunny day’ and ‘live today, fight tomorrow’.

Will the Balance be restored? Will the universe and Earth survive?

I found this to be an immersive read, with interesting and likeable characters. I love the font too, which gave this the feel of a manuscript.

My only bugbear is the spine of the Book, on a bookshelf the 12 makes it look like it’s number 12 of a series and not part of the title…(a tiny flaw and my opinion only).

Thank you so much to Ben Cameron of Cameron Publicity and Marketing for a copy of the book. This is my honest and unbiased review.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts