Review: Nothing to Hide

Nothing to Hide Nothing to Hide by James Oswald
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the second book in James Oswald’s series featuring DC Constance Fairchild.

Con is suspended, while awaiting the trial of Roger DeVilliers, a paedophile, and the corrupt detective Bailey.

She is being harassed by the media, with paparazzi camped on her doorstep and she is known as the ‘posh’ cop. Returning home after a break in Scotland, she finds the mutilated body of a young man, he’s still breathing…so she is back in the thick of it again.

Poor Con is still the pariah to other cops, so she sent back to Scotland to do a little investigation there, away from the press. DC Karen Eve, is helping and they form a slightly fragile friendship. We also meet the marvellous character, Rose, who I have to admit is one of my favourites…..with her air of mystery and glamour…I’d love to read more about her. ( I have read other of James Oswald’s novels that also feature Madam Rose…).

Meanwhile Con is also dealing with her brothers impending wedding and meets her mother, who is now part of The Church of the coming light and the disturbing Reverend Dr Masters…..

When further bodies turn up, also mutilated, Con finds herself in danger in a claustrophobic drama….

Can they find out the link between the victims, and why they are being so horrifically mutilated?

I really like Con, she’s strong, independent and certainly feisty and dogged in her determination to find the truth. I’ll certainly be looking out for the next in the series.

I would like to thank the Pigeonhole, NetGalley and the author for the opportunity to read this book for free, this is my honest and unbiased review.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts