Review: The Island

The Island The Island by Ragnar Jónasson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a ‘prequel’ to The Darkness and set 10 years earlier..

It follows DI Hulda, her personal life and it’s tragedies, and her fight to be respected in a male dominated work environment .

She is investigating recent murders amongst a group of friends and she is ever dogged in her determination to find the truth.

A nice twisty thriller, with great descriptive writing, not particularly fast paced, but gives a lot of background to the marvellous Hulda, a bit grumpy and dour, but with what she has going on in her life, I’m not surprised. Brilliant.

My thanks to the publishers, the author and NetGalley for a free copy of the ebook. This is my honest and unbiased review.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts