Review: Hunting Evil
Hunting Evil by Chris CarterMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is #10 in the Robert Hunter series by Chris Carter and in the Author’s Notes In the front of the book, he does say his previous book in the series An Evil Mind gives the history between Lucian and Hunter, so it may be worth reading this before. I have to admit I haven’t read that yet…..but I didn’t have any trouble reading this as a stand-alone….
Hunting Evil begins with Jordan arriving late to work, he rushes in but finds doors that should be locked, open. Then he see the blood!
Lucian Folter has walked out of the high security prison infirmary ward, killing 5 people…..and taking his time.
He was put in a high security prison instead of maximum security as the FBI wanted him close so they could study him……well that was a mistake….he’s out and he has a plan and that plan revolves around Detective Robert Hunter.
What follows is one of the most gripping, dramatic novels I’ve read…..the writing is fast paced, brutal and and totally compelling……cliche I know, but I couldn’t put it down and read this in two nerve shredding sittings….
Lucian, described as “a sort of modern day urban survivalist” is a master of disguise….learned over many years and noted in his psychopath encyclopaedia, is so calm and utterly terrifying, and he’s after Hunter.
“What Lucian had in store for him would feel like Satan himself had come alive”
Hunter, an insomniac, with a connoisseur’s likening for a fine Single Malt, is also the only person who really understands how Lucian’s mind works……he knows how bad this is going to be…will he survive the game?
Amazingly immersive writing by Chris Carter and I loved every gloriously tense, gruesome moment…..and I can recommend this unreservedly..
Thank you to Anne Cater and Random Things Tours for the opportunity to participate in this blog tour and for the promotional materials and a free copy of the book in exchange for my honest, unbiased review.
View all my reviews
Comments
Post a Comment