Review: Toys In The Dust

Toys In The Dust Toys In The Dust by N.M. Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well what a read ! I don’t think I have sped though a book like this in ages….cliche I know, but I really couldn’t put it down.

So, Leighton Jones is a traffic cop, struggling to come to terms with his wife’s suicide 16 months previously. He’s seeing the force therapist, but his senior officers and some colleagues believe he is ‘psychologically damaged’ and dismiss his belief that he saw the missing girl, Tina, as he was driving home.

Certain he is right he begins to investigate the case himself…..and gets threatened with disciplinary action….but he can’t let go…..he has a daughter, Annie, the same age and this case is affecting him.

In the meantime, little Tina, such a brave little girl, has escaped her abductor, but is lost in the wilderness…she manages to evade him but sees him searching for her….setting traps ! The fear for this little lost girl is palpable……gut wrenching, sweaty palm moments…all due to N.M. Brown’s tense, atmospheric ( and did I say tense? ) writing. Completely unputdownable…..from the start until the heart stopping end…..

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts