Review: In Safe Hands

In Safe Hands In Safe Hands by J.P. Carter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is Book 1 of a crime series featuring DCI Anna Tate and I was hooked straight away.

Nine young children go to nursery in South London as usual....all routine, but then all manner of mayhem breaks out...the nursery is besieged by armed men who take nine children hostage.

DCI Anna Tate, a decent and successful cop, none of the usual traits found in most female cop based novels...no bad temper, no drinking or laddishness just good at her job. She knows exactly how these parents are feeling though as her own daughter was kidnapped 10 years ago but never never found...

The story really revolves round the parents and the investigation and also touches on Anna’s and her missing daughters case in a clever mix of emotions and the professional, determined way Anna works in this gripping thriller.

I found Anna a really likeable character and the tension and emotions were given life by JP Carter’s compelling writing....I can absolutely recommend it and I’ll definitely be looking out for more in the series....

I would like to thank the Author/the Publishers/NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book for free in exchange for a fair and honest review

#NetGalley #InSafeHands

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts