Review: Heartbreak Hotel

Heartbreak Hotel Heartbreak Hotel by Jonathan Kellerman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the 32nd book in the Alex Delaware series by Jonathan Kellerman and I must admit I have read a few of this series but not all..

It felt like meeting with an old friend to catch up with Alex and LAPD Detective Milo Sturgis...

This begins with Alex agreeing to meet Thalia Mars an old acquaintance and now 99 years old. They meet at the Aventura, the slightly down at heel hotel where she lives. She asks several questions about guilt and criminal behaviour but gives no reason why and asks for Alex to return the following day and she will tell more......but, as was slightly predictable to me, when he returns Thalia is dead, murdered !

So, Alex calls his friend Milo and so the investigation begins.

During their investigation they find Thalia may have been a moll for the gangster owner of the Aventura Hotel back in the 1940’s.....

I found this to be interesting with the looks to the LA of the past and the link to the current spate of murders.....a pretty good and easy, if not particularly thrilling, read....

I would like to thank the Author/the Publishers/NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book for free in exchange for a fair and honest review

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts