Review: The Couple

The Couple The Couple by Sarah Mitchell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Couple is a psychological thriller by Sarah Mitchell and I have to say I really enjoyed reading it.

It’s written from two perspectives, the past and the present giving deeper insight into the protagonist and the characters.

I have to say I didn’t find any of the characters particularly likeable but I’m sure that’s the point and a credit to the authors clever writing.

Claire works for the Immigration Service and is now engaged after a whirlwind romance, to Angus…He is a hotel entrepreneur and they are about to buy their perfect home together.

Claire goes to view a house they like and meets Mark, the seller, but he looks familiar to her, and reminds her of a former lover……as a result Claire is drawn to him, then Angus starts to behave a bit oddly…..Can Claire trust either of them or even herself?

Sarah Mitchell’s writing is creative and expressive and this tale is a twisty, turny, fast paced ride. I really enjoyed it and can recommend it to all lovers of a psychological thriller.

I would like to thank the Author/Bookouture and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book for free in exchange for a fair, honest and unbiased review.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts