Review: My Name is Monster

My Name is Monster My Name is Monster by Katie Hale
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is Katie Hale’s debut novel and I was so intrigue by the post apocalyptic premise and an original sounding blurb.

I found this to be a wonderfully well written book. The descriptive language drew me in to this emotional, cold and dark world.

This is a post apocalyptic story of a young woman who believes she is the only person left alive after The Sickness. Her name is Monster, a nickname given to her by her parents when she was younger and a bit of a loner.

Monster manages to survive by making a life for herself, away from a nearby city, but close enough to visit it to scavenge, on one of these trips she finds a young girl, who like her is practically feral. She takes her home and gives her the name Monster......and she renames herself Mother.

The book is told from two perspectives, firstly from Mother, then from Monster. It shows how they both see things differently and how Monster grows with her own thoughts and descriptive language.

I didn’t feel there was any particular plot to follow, just a story of life, nature and nurture in a decimated world, beautifully told. I can thoroughly recommend it...

I would like to thank the Author/the Publishers/NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book for free in exchange for a fair and honest review

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts