Review: The Healer

The Healer The Healer by Sharon Thompson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Little Molly McCarthy is a halfwit, or so everyone says, including her parents. She barely speaks, cannot read or write but she is a healer. Her mother beats her, her father abuses her and beats her. Her Uncle Vincent has eyes on her too. It’s a difficult read at times, so heartbreaking and Molly is no fool, she knows exactly what’s going on, the angels tell her things.

As Molly grows up, her life changes and it’s not all good. There is violence, rape and prostitution and Molly almost losses everything. However, she does have Dr and Violet Brady and Jane who give her family and hope.

This is a tale about a young, damaged girl with a special gift, but while the healing of others is part of the story, it’s not all miracles and blessings. This tells of a young girls strength, her sheer will to survive and make a better life for herself.

Sharon Thompson’s marvellous writing has brought Molly McCarthy to life, with its touches of magic and ultimately, hope. This is going to stay with me for a long time and if I see a little feather fall near me, it will make me think of the angels.


I would like to thank the Author/the Publishers/NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for a fair and honest review

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts