Review: Go West

Go West Go West by David Quantick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

MY REVIEW

Charlie Bread is a self styled ‘Antiques Whisperer’, who can spot a fake at 20 paces. He’s employed by Roger Armstrong of Prings Auction House to authenticate a notebook, with a story that may have been written by JM Barrie of Peter Pan fame. This is where the madness begins......

The plot jumps about, with the wonderful Penelope, appearing and disappearing, with Cora and the fake Cora, vintage cars and tapes of John Peel’s radio shows......the star of the story for me was the Three in One Inn.....I haven’t laughed out loud while reading for a long time but this had me crying with laughter at points.

No it’s not great literature and doesn’t purport to be, but it does have great characters, twists and turns, music and some great humour. I can absolutely recommend it.

My thanks to The Pigeonhole and David Quantick for the opportunity to read this for free. My opinions are my own, honest and unbiased.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts