Review: The Taking of Annie Thorne

The Taking of Annie Thorne The Taking of Annie Thorne by C.J. Tudor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Joe Thorne is a teacher, he’s also a gambler with a large debt owed to the Fatman, who is after his money. So he returns to his childhood village to teach in his old school, to settle some scores and to raise the money to repay this debt. There he meets with some remaining members of his old gang and they are not happy to see him. They all have secrets, secrets that begin with his sister Annie...

This is a dark and creepy thriller, that just simmers with tension right up to an immensely satisfying end.......but is it ?

I loved this, It reminded me a little of Stephen King’s, Salem’s Lot, as in returning to a troubled town with a little of the same atmosphere of an ancient evil lurking nearby. There are some real heart thumping moments and it honestly gave me the creeps at times, in a great, horror story way......Abbie Eyes will stay with me for a long time. Brilliantly atmospheric with great twisty, nerve jangling writing. I can thoroughly recommend this and I will definitely be reading more by C J Tudor albeit with the lights on !

I would like to thank the Author/the Publishers/NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for a fair and honest review

#TheTakingOfAnnieThorne #NetGalley

Published by Michael Joseph (Penguin Random House)

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts