Review: My Sister, the Serial Killer

My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This is the tale of Korede, she has a sister, Ayoola, who is stunningly beautiful, but has a secret. she has killed three men. So far !

Korede has helped Ayoola dispose of the bodies and keeps her secret, but she is concerned as the man she loves, Dr Tade, is now besotted with Ayoola. Will he end up the same way as the others?

I liked the insight into Nigerian culture and it did remind me a little of the Purple Hibiscus, as in a brutal father figure, but without the murders !. It also has references to the current obsession with social media, which gives this a feel of reality.

Oyinkan Braithwaite has written a marvellously dark story, and is so blasé about murder. With its touches of humour it makes you smile at times even though you know you shouldn’t. Just how far will a sister go to protect her younger sibling. It is a quick read but packs a lot into it and I enjoyed it immensely.

I would like to thank the Author/the Publishers/NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for a fair and honest review

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts