Review: When All Is Said

When All Is Said by Anne Griffin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars




This was one of those books I didn't want to end.

84-year-old Maurice Hannigan takes a seat at a hotel bar, he is grumpy at the delay being served and is feeling introspective.

He takes a drink and as the evening progresses he will toast 5 people who made an impact on his life. Anne Griffin has written this in such a beautiful way, that you feel you are sat with Maurice, listening to his tales and weeping along with him at times.

This is a quiet book, a soulful read that will make you wonder, just who would you toast, who has had that sort of impact on your life? The ending is very moving and this book will stay with me for a long time. I can see this as being a must read when it’s published in 2019 and I feel very lucky to have had a chance to read it.

I would like to thank the Author/the Publishers/NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for a fair and honest review

#WhenAllIsSaid #NetGalley


Due for publication 24 January 2019 by Hodder and Stoughton

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts