Review: The Hunting Party

The Hunting Party by Lucy Foley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars




The Hunting Party

By Lucy Foley


A group of old University friends have a bit of a tradition of spending New Year on holiday together. Emma who is relatively new to the group, has arranged a short break in a remote hunting lodge in the Scottish highlands, with her big plans of feasts and camaraderie.

Early in the tale a body is found by Doug, the gamekeeper, who shows it to Heather, the lodge manager. But we don’t know who the body is until sometime later. Nor who the killer is and as there has been a heavy snowfall the lodge is cut off, even the police can’t get to them. So they are alone.

While I must admit I didn’t really find any of the characters particularly likeable, I think that’s the point.....a real whodunnit in the vein of Agatha Christie’s, And then there were none. If you like fast paced action then this isn’t for you, Lucy Foley has written a slow, smouldering, tension building tale which will keep you reading into the early hours. I can thoroughly recommend it...



I would like to thank the Author/the Publishers/NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for a fair and honest revie

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts