Review: Murder in the Dark

Murder in the Dark by Simon R. Green
My rating: 2 of 5 stars






I read the blurb about this and thought it sounded original and interesting, which it was. However, when the first line of the first chapter after the prologue, was ‘Call me Ishmael....Ishmael Jones....I sighed a little. Still I carried on, but oh my was I fed up with the word HOLE....it was used at least half a dozen times in just sooo many pages....I felt it ruined the flow of the story...Ishmael Jones and Penny are likeable characters, but part of the secretive Organisation whose boss is the Colonel? this could be an old episode of Dr Who....with the dodgy set too.

For example this is one paragraph.......’Paul moved in beside the Professor, and looked at the hole as though it was an equation that refused to add up. ‘The first time I scanned the hole, the readings made it clear the hole wasn’t actually there, as such. It’s not a hole in the hill. Mike already proved that by tunnelling beneath it. Basically, the hole is an overlay, imposed on top of our reality. If we were to dig up this particular piece of hillside and cart it away, I’m pretty sure the hole would still be there, hovering in mid-air.’

A good premise but difficult to get past those holes...


I would like to thank the Author/the Publishers/NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for a fair and honest review

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts