Review: A Shot in the Dark

A Shot in the Dark A Shot in the Dark by Lynne Truss
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Set in 1950’s Brighton, with some good pop culture added too. Inspector Steine is a buffoon, useless as a cop and won’t admit any crimes are committed in Brighton. His, Sergeant Brunswick, is frustrated by this and then along comes Constable Twitten. He has been moved around from one area to another as he’s ‘too clever’. However, he is very clever and picks up clues missed by the Inspector, wit an opinion poll lady, thefts and deaths.

What did I like :

There are some really funny moments and I loved Vince the Punch and Judy man. Lynne Truss has created great, believable characters with some laugh out loud lines.

Would I recommend:

Yes, a fun read and I hope there’s more to come.


I would like to thank the Author/the Publishers/NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for a fair and honest review

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts