Review: The Last

The Last The Last by Hanna Jameson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

What is it about :

There’s a convention in a hotel, when they hear a nuclear bomb has hit Washington....it’s the end of the world. The inhabitants of the hotel then drink, get high and find the body of a young girl in a water tank. Murdered. An investigation is done to try to identify a killer...all while conserving electric and documenting day to day events.

What did I like :

I liked the idea of the story, but felt it was just lost.


What I didn’t like so much:

I didn’t believe the finding of a body after so much probable devastation as the result of bombs would have been important at all. There’s a lot of sitting about drinking or getting high and I really didn’t get the feel of the characters. While I’m sure it’s an ok read, it’s just not for me.

Would I recommend:

No, as I didn’t enjoy it.




I would like to thank the Author/the Publishers/NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for a fair and honest review

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts