Review: The Day of the Accident

The Day of the Accident The Day of the Accident by Nuala Ellwood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What is it about?

Maggie wakes up in hospital after an accident she doesn’t remember, only to be told her daughter, Elspeth had drowned in the car. Her husband, Sean has disappeared and the home she thought they owned turned out to be rented and so she is homeless. Maggie is convinced her daughter is still alive and receives a letter written by her. She comes close to a breakdown and is helped by GP Julia, a care worker, Sonia....until a brilliant finale.....

What did I like?

Nuala Elwood, the author, has created truly believable characters and the confusion and distress Maggie is suffering feels so real it takes your breath away. Great story telling.


What didn’t I like?

I felt Barbara didn’t really have much of a mention and her story could have been a bit more detailed.

Would I recommend?

Definitely, this is a great read with real characters that you have sympathy for in a tragic tale of interconnected lives.


What made this different

Deals with difficult topics of mental health issues, a child’s death, secrets and lies with characters you end up caring about.

I would like to thank the Author/the Publishers/NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for a fair and honest review

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts